Thursday, October 22, 2015

IGNORANCE IS NOT A SIN!!

Ignorance is not a sin!! It is a disease!! Infact an abomination! Nobody says you should know everything, but have an idea about the basics.

I was coming home yesterday, seated in the taxi when I saw drivers of both private and public vehicles diverting, all because they were running away from the mobile court set up some few metres away.

The young man seated beside me asked the driver why he diverted, and the driver said he sighted the mobile court up ahead. He started murmurring, "these people should just rest abeg, shey they have been on strike, all these industrial courts that keep postponing people's cases, Supreme court is even worse".

For a moment I was like, huh?? What did I just hear?? I just felt, oh!! Maybe my ears are playing with me. And just as I was about letting go of the matter, the driver blurted, "so you don't know what a mobile court is??" Just negodu the ignorance....

I tried hard, trust me really hard, to stifle a laugh, ended up chuckling. Forgive me stranger, I couldnt help it.

When Myles Munroe died, All the Mills and Boons reading folks had no clue who he was!! Some said he was a singer, others actor...and I was stunned. Dont get me wrong, I read M&B like no man's business....but I still read other books too.

It's worse in this era where everything is now digital. Some people are on the 10 different chat networks, 2go, snapchat, badoo, facebook, twitter, instagram...I cant deal mehn!

Sometimes i'm scared for this our generation ooo. I listened to one "track" released by a neighbour...and he rapped,

" dont tell me she's a flirt,
But I think I love her always,
Your smile us so erradic...
Bla bla......

Aroooo!! The world is really coming to an end!! Because this is beyond ignorance. Please you guys should fear God....read your books please!!

Some folks go as far as attacking me when they havent read my article, they allow my dramatic heading carry them away. Repent oo.

Dont think I am left out, I remember arguing with a friend that the name of one popular hairstyle was "corn crow"...instead of "cornrow"...I asked another friend and he said "corn roll"...Lord have mercy!! He laughed at me silly, you know the blackberry smiley that laughs and hits the floor, yea, he sent me lots of that. I was ashamed oo...but I learnt.

Now back to you, I know you dont know what mobile court is uhuh?! You thought I was going to lecture you on it abi?? Ntoor...Google is your friend.

#side eye

JustVikkytorya

No comments: