Thursday, October 15, 2015

MY STRANGE BESTFRIEND!

My strange bestfriend!!


Let's call him Your Royal Flyness!! Looolzz

I can comfortably define a bestfriend as that person who loves you, is concerned about your wellbeing, respects but not succumb to ALL your views, can look you in the face and tell you truths that may be hard to accept.

You may not necessarily speak everyday, but you know he is always within reach. Well, I have two of such people in my life. And they happen to be guys...truth!! 

I dunno, but girls mostly have guys as bestfriends, and the true ones usually blossom into unbreakable friendships. I guess why girls do not have female bestfriends is because it comes with a lot of drama and the betrayals are most times messy. I may be wrong though.

 HOW I MET HIM
How many of you remember 2go?? See them hiding their faces. Now you are denying your express music phone because of your new blackberry abi?? Issorite!! Dont forget 2go ruled the social network once!! 

If you were not on 2go, nobody here is your mate, oya swerve!!

Back to it. I was a 2go expert. My best part was the game room. I would play the word game and teach them lessons!! I was goooood!!! 

Then this guy said hi!! Normally I dont like chatting up strangers, because most of them ruin it with hey baby, hi sexy, mbok warris dat??? Its a big turn off. So I quickly went to his profile, it sounded a bit mature...plus he wasnt looking bad *winks*...and I said hello too.

We got talking. He was different!! Very intelligent, and seemed to hold a decent conversation without drifting to that lame line which was common then..."I think I like you"...mtcheeww!! you will just find my name missing from your contacts.

We talked about everything!! School, church, work( I was doing my industrial attachment then). We talked about all the toasters, plus the magas that were pestering my life, his school( he read geology and schooled in one of the federal universities in the North), his quiet life, all his field trips, how the ladies crushed on him...looool. It was fun. I would stay up late at night chatting because he made chatting interesting!!

THE TEST
Then he asked for my number....in my head, I was like ehen!! e don happen. I hate giving out my phone number...its very personal to me. So I tried something funny...I wrote down my phone number minus the last digit....and went offline immediately.

If you must be my friend...mehn you had to work for it then oo...imagine now...oh yesss!

My last digit is 5. He must have started trying from 0-4, then I saw his call, but I ignored it. He continued trying from 6-9, it ALL wasnt me. He came back to 5, and I picked his call, and finally spoke to him for the first time, after months of chatting.

I didnt get to see this strange bestfriend until 2years later. By this time, he had proven to be reliable, trustworthy and most of all my confidant. He would call and ask of my courses, he knew the ones giving me headache..and knew everything I went through in school..he also knew about my big secret...the spillover remember?? Lol


THE MEETING

I was in Abuja for a visit, that was 2011 If I remember clearly. I told him I was around and would love to meet him. We were sooo excited. Lol...like it was a first date...actually it was....a first bestfriend date. I dressed up, took my time oo..made sure everything was in place, I needed to be on point. To represent wella.

He called some minutes later that he was outside the compound, I had given him directions. I stepped out, Lo and behold!!! There stood this 6ft tall super handsome 4eyed friend...loolz...I am the only one permitted to call him that. Wow!! I wasnt crushing on him oo..(Andikan speak the truth and shame the devil). But my friend is handsome and presently deliciously single!!!

He recognized me instantly!! He called me sparks!! And I turned all shades of crimson red!! He uses medicated shakara glasses. We exchanged pleasantries and started walking, looking for a nice sit out. I still remember what we took that day, fayrouz and meatpie...lol.

We talked like we had known forever....I also remember the blushes and all. I was suddenly shy...me?? madam talkative!! And he was feeling very fly!! Lool

Anyway, he remained highly relevant in my life, supporting me through betrayals, let downs and bad relationships....not once did he try and exploit his position as bestfriend.

In 6years of true friendship, I have seen him face to face twice!! Only two times, yet he has had more impact on my life than I can imagine. Academically, mentally and spiritually. 

Craze man!! He had the guts to tell me that he went to my church and was sleeping with his eyes wide open because he was bored..I almost died laughing that day...but he loves God. it's rare to find guys that are tush, educated, humble and love God too.

THE FIGHT

 You think relationships are always smooth? No. We had fights like normal friends do. At a point in my life, I didnt keep in touch with him, and those were one of his down moments. I let him down. I should have been there to support. Afterall friendship is a two way thing. I allowed my busy schedule get in the way.

When I suddenly remembered him, I had almost lost a dear friend. He ignored my calls, didnt reply messages. I couldnt find him on whatsapp, facebook...he disappeared. 

I was scared!! I thought something bad had happened to him. I prayed, cried my eyes out. I would wake up late at night to try his line...and it kept ringing and no answer.

Just by chance, I saw a number he used in calling me once, sent a whatsapp message...and begged the person to please help me reach out to him, that I was super worried. guess who this person was?? His mom!!!

I thank God for mothers!!! After she talked to him, he decided to reach out. At first I wanted to get mad, but when I listened, I realised the words were heavy and true...I had to apologize...and we mended our patches.

This young man, is my bestfriend, confidant, adviser, coach, critic. Jesus!! He will criticize your work life go tire you. And it actually makes me a better person.

So I write this about you Richard!! His royal flyness!! Yes I called you out...no vex, I no add your surname...lol

You are one of the best people I know, and I pray I never lose your respect and friendship!! I appreciate you being a part of my life!! Yes you are one strange bestfriend...but you are the true definition of friendship!!
You are loved and treasured!!

*ladies send in your application..i will handle screening personally *winks*

JustVikkytorya


No comments: